Are you Applying for Water Service from Seattle Public Utilities?

Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is changing its Water Service Application requirements. They’re doing this to streamline interdepartmental coordination between SPU and Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT). This will help them to ensure all pavement related to water projects in the public right-of-way is properly restored.

Starting December 12, 2016, you must include the following when submitting your water service application to SPU’s Development Services Office (DSO):

  • An issued SDOT 51M (pavement restoration) permit, OR
  • A 60% complete Street Improvement Permit plan approved by SDOT showing the complete restoration of all water related work on the paving plans

For more information, please contact the DSO at (206) 684-333 or