Power outage that began this morning at 10 has been resolved for most customers in Burien, South Park and areas of south Seattle. A small area of Rainier Valley and New Holly remains out, affecting around 240 customers. Could be 5-6 hours to restore as crews have to bring in new equipment.
Cause of Burien outage was equipment failure triggered by a seagull in wires.
Laurelhurst remains out at about 163 customers affected. Crews will have to widen outage to make repairs.
Outage updates online at www.seattle.gov/light/systat.
Burien, South Park and other south Seattle areas lost power at 10 this morning. Power has been restored to some, reducing customers out to 1,765 from a hiigh of 9.700 customers affected. Crews are on the scene and investigating. Estimated restoration is 2:30 this afternoon, but that is an early prediction and could change.
Laurelhurst also has a small outage of 163 customers, with power back on estimated arouod noon-1 pm
Check City LIght’s outage map for updates: www.seattle.gov/light/systat
March 26—Seattle Firefighter/Paramedics resuscitated two cats that were overcome by smoke in a house fire in Columbia City.
The first call to 911 came in at 7:14 p.m. after a neighbor spotted smoke pouring from the back deck of a home located in the 3200 block of South Hudson Street. When firefighters from Engine Company 28 arrived they found the deck fully-involved with the flames extending into the kitchen of the home. The heavy fire on the back of the house threatened the houses to the east and west of the burning home. Firefighters made an aggressive attack on the fire through the front door and were able to knock down the flames within 15 minutes.
While searching the home for occupants the firefighters found two lifeless cats inside the smoke-filled house. Fire crews rescued the cats. Once outside firefighter/paramedics immediately administered oxygen to the cats and were able to revive both of them. Neighbors with animal carriers took in the cats until the homeowners returned.
There were no other injuries.
Fire investigators ruled the fire as accidental. They determined improperly discarded smoking materials left on a table on the back porch ignited the home. The damage estimate is $150,000 to the structure and $50,000 to the contents. The home was turned back over to the homeowners.