Queen Anne House Fire Caused by Electrical Wiring

August 8- Seattle Fire Investigators determined a Queen Anne roof fire was caused by electrical wiring.

Just minutes after 9 p.m. a neighbor called 911 to report smoke coming from the eaves of a 3-story home located in the 2300 block of 5h Avenue North. The first arriving engine company found smoke pouring from the roof.

Firefighters extinguished the flames within 40 minutes. The fire was limited to the roof and attic space.

Fire investigators discovered a nail through electrical wiring in the roof caused the fire. The damage estimate is $40,000 to the structure and $20,000 to the contents.

There were no injuries.