If dog is man’s best friend, then Valentine’s Day is a perfect opportunity to show your pal some love! Seattle Parks and Recreation invites pups to paddle in the Queen Anne Pool from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14.
This swim is made possible by the pool closure for preventive maintenance from Feb.15 – March 2.
Seattle Parks worked with Public Health – Seattle & King County to clear the way for this fun event for Scuby and Snoopy. Public Health- Seattle & King County has approved the following guidelines:
- The cost is $15 per dog; humans get in free.
- Humans are not allowed in the pool with the dogs.
- A lifeguard will be on duty.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old and have proof that they are licensed and up-to-date on vaccinations. Licenses can be purchased at the event.
- Dogs must undergo a “pre-wash” on-site before they go into the pool.
- Stairs are available for dogs to enter and leave the water.
After the event, the pool will be drained and cleaned and will undergo its regular preventive maintenance. The Queen Anne Pool is located at 1920 First Ave. W. Please call 206-386-4282 for more information.