This swim is made possible by the pool closure for preventive maintenance from Aug.17– Sept. 1.
Seattle Parks worked with Public Health – Seattle & King County to clear the way for this fun event for Spot and Scruffy. Public Health- Seattle & King County has approved the following guidelines:
- The cost is $15 per dog; humans get in free.
- Humans are not allowed in the pool with the dogs.
- A lifeguard will be on duty.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old and have proof that they are licensed and up-to-date on vaccinations. Licenses can be purchased at the event.
- Dogs must undergo a “pre-wash” with the help of Seattle Parks staff, and Animal Shelter officers will inspect them before they go into the pool.
- Stairs are available for dogs to enter and leave the water.
After the event, the pool will be drained and cleaned and will undergo its regular preventive maintenance. The pool will be closed to the public during this time and will reopen on Sept. 2.
For more information, please call the pool at 206-684-4979.