It has now been one month since we implemented our new permit, inspection, and complaint system, the Seattle Services Portal (also known as Accela). We acknowledge that these initial weeks have brought many challenges, but the system is working. Since implementation, we have issued 231 construction permits (all types), 1,463 electrical over-the-counter permits, and 60 mechanical permits.
If you are having challenges using the new system, our staff in the Applicant Services Center (ASC) are ready to assist you. In addition, computers are available in our ASC seating area for temporary use if you need help creating a Seattle Services Portal account, logging into your account, or applying for your permit online.
If you do experience any problems, check our issues and resolutions page where we list known issues and provide updates on their resolution status. We currently have updates on:
- Viewing project documents
- Preliminary Assessment Reports
- Submitting Early Design Guidance applications
- Responding to corrections
- Scheduling inspections
- Scheduling intake appointments (intake appointments continue to be booked about 16-18 weeks in the future)
This page is updated regularly, so be sure to check back it frequently. We also have many useful help articles in our Help Center, which will also continue to grow over time.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to resolve known issues. As we work to further enhance this new system, we are confident that we will be in a better position to provide quality service to all SDCI’s customers.
We’re replacing our current permitting system, Hansen, with new software called Accela. It will be easier to use than the permit portal we have now! In early 2017, the Seattle Services Portal will allow you to:
- Apply for a permit, access project updates, pay fees, research property information, check the status of a complaint, find Rental Registration info, schedule inspections, and more all in one place
- Access the information on your smartphone
- Select project sites from a map, as well as with an address, when applying for permits
- Pay fees more easily, with the ability to pay all outstanding City of Seattle fees all at once
We’ll keep you updated on all the upcoming changes and information that you’ll need to know. For instance, you’ll probably have to reset your password in the new Seattle Services Portal. We’re going to publish several how-to guides which will be available on our website. Don’t miss our overview sessions to learn how to use the new portal! Be sure to check our website for upcoming meeting dates.
We’re looking for volunteers to test our new our new permitting software that will replace our current Permitting Portal online. If you’re interested, please email Ann-Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “SDCI Website User Acceptance Testing” in the subject line. The deadline is December 31, 2016. Forms are available in our PRC.
Ann-Marie will schedule testing sessions for the week of January 9-13, 2017. You should plan on spending 1.5 hours of your time helping us. Free parking, refreshments, and a small token of our appreciation will be provided.