In anticipation of our new permitting system, we are requiring all applicants with paper plans to convert their projects to electronic plans. This must be done when the applicant is resubmitting plan corrections. All paper plans should have been converted to electronic plans by March 1, 2017.
Process to Convert to Electronic Plans
- Pick up your paper plans from the Plans Routing counter, or from the Public Resource Center for Land Use projects, if you haven’t already.
- You will need a Project Portal account to submit and receive information electronically if you don’t already have one. You can create a Project Portal account by going to www.seattle.gov/dpd and clicking on Log In to Project Portal and then Create an Account.
- Send an email to SCI_Plans_Routing@seattle.gov to request that your project be converted to electronic plans. Please be sure to include your permit number and Contact ID number in your email request. You can find your Contact ID under My Account in your Project Portal. We will make this person associated with your Contact ID the primary applicant on the permit. We will process your request and reply to your email when we have converted the permit.
- For Land Use projects, you will be able to upload your corrected plans and/or any additional information required by the corrections.
- For construction projects:
- Scan the set of plans you picked up from Plans Routing and create a PDF file. The file will be called “Scanned Paper Plan” in our system.
- Create another PDF file for the corrected plan.
- After you are notified the permit has been converted to a electronic plan, log in to your Project Portal to submit your corrections. Remember to upload the scanned paper plan PDF and the corrected plan PDF files. You can upload any other additional information required for your correction.
If you have questions about this process, please contact: