Sprightly and playful, this girl is all legs, eyes and ears!
Frida, aka “Frito” (ID 33465143), is a playful Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound mix. Although one of her legs was recently amputated, it hasn’t slowed her down! She loves to play fetch and can run — FAST. She would love to live with a compatible, playful dog, although one who won’t be too rough with her. She’s 2 years old and only 7 pounds and is looking for a forever family who will help complete her housetraining.
Is Frida the dog for you? Visit her profile to learn more about her and how to meet her. She’s currently in a foster home, not at the shelter.
The Seattle Animal Shelter is open noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday, for adoptions and licensing. For more information, visit www.seattleanimalshelter.org or call 206-386-PETS (7387).
Snoop is a tail-wagging sweetheart ready to shower his family with unconditional love.
Attention Labrador lovers, the ultimate Chocolate Labrador Retriever is waiting for you! Snoop (ID 34453069), is a tail-wagging sweetheart. He needs a high-energy home where he will get lots of exercise. You’ll never be without his love – he always wants to be with his family and in the middle of the action. Snoop is treat-motivated and will make an excellent walking companion. He will need a cat-free home.
If you’re interested in meeting a curious, exuberant, confident, strong, playful, smiling buddy, look no further. Snoop’s your guy.
The Seattle Animal Shelter is located at 2061 15th Ave. W. We are open noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, for adoptions and licensing. For more information, visit www.seattleanimalshelter.org.
Meet Indie – full of affection!
Be greeted with a full-body wiggle every morning and every time you arrive home — Indie (ID 33403516) will be so happy to see you! She is a sweet girl who absolutely loves people and is the biggest snuggle-bug out there. At about 40 pounds and an estimated 1 1/2 to 2 years old, she has all the enthusiasm you’d expect from a young dog. About Indie:
- Loves to play fetch with her ball — would enjoy being part of an active home that jogs, runs or hikes on a regular basis.
- House-trained and has good house manners when left alone.
- Would be best in a cat-free home.
- Knows a few basic commands, should be an obedience superstar.
Indie is currently in a foster home and not at the shelter. Check out her profile to learn more about how to meet her, or visit our website to see other adoptable animals or learn about the adoption process.
Mojo (ID 34167710) is a very handsome, sweet and energetic pit bull mix. He is in great physical shape and absolutely loves to play! He understands basic commands but can be distracted easily. Mojo would fit in very well in an active home with previous dog handling experience. His youthful exuberance will keep you both young and full of love for years to come!
If you’re interested in meeting Mojo, come by the Seattle Animal Shelter, located at 2061 15th Ave. W., Seattle. We are open from noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday, for adoptions and licensing. Check out our website to learn more about the adoption process.
(Click for larger image)
There’s never been a better time to adopt a new canine family member – a local company dedicated to building modern, high quality homes is helping homeless dogs find their forever homes before the holidays!
Seattle-based DEP Homes is sponsoring a six-week class and/or private one-on-one dog training and behavior consultation (up to $289 value) for every Seattle Animal Shelter dog adopted in December. Here are the details:
- Depending on the age and individual needs of your new canine family member, you will receive a non-transferable electronic gift card valued at $150-$300 to make sure you and your new canine family member are off to a great start!
- Dog training classes will be provided by local, award-winning professionals dedicated to creating happy family dogs that understand the rules of their home and are motivated to follow them. Their force-free dog training services include: * Puppy Socialization & Training to prevent problems early. * Adult Dog Training – dogs can learn at any age. * Rehabilitation of Aggression and other Problem Behaviors. The goal is to build up strong skills using rewards instead of focusing on punishment.
- Your electronic gift card and class sign up instructions will be sent to you via email provided during the adoption process within two weeks from the date of adoption.
- Gift cards cannot be transferred to another person or dog. You must complete your class by June 30, 2017, or value of the gift card will be credited back to the shelter to benefit other shelter dogs.
- This adoption promotion expires on Dec.31, 2016.
The Seattle Animal is located at 2061 15th Ave. W. We are open from noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, for adoptions and licensing. For more information, visit our website at www.seattleanimalshelter.org or call 206-386-PETS (7387).