The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency today lifted the burn ban for King, Kitsap, Pierce and Snohomish counties.
For Seattle Parks and Recreation, this means that beach fires at Alki Beach Park, 1702 Alki Ave. SW, and Golden Gardens Park, 8498 Seaview Ave. NW, can resume. Bonfires scheduled for on-shore Christmas Ship events can also resume.
The rules for beach fires are as follows:
- Light fires ONLY in designated fire pits, which are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Burn only clean firewood like bare, clean dry cordwood (chemically treated wood like lumber releases a strong-smelling, dirty smoke into the air and burning pallets can leave nails and debris on the beach)
- Douse your fire completely with water (NOT sand) before leaving
- Don’t remove anything from the park
- Dispose of trash and ashes in the containers provided for each
- Be considerate of others – no amplified music
- Alcohol is not permitted in Seattle parks
For more information on burn bans please visit the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency at http://www.pscleanair.org/airq/status.aspx.