We’re in our final stretch of construction work on the Arbor Heights Safe Routes to School project!
This week along 35th Ave SW, the team:
- Completed pouring concrete for sidewalks on W side, SW 100th to SW 104th streets.
- Completed asphalt paving along the curb on the E side ,SW 100th to SW 102nd streets.
- Installed temporary roadway markings.
Next week along 35th Ave SW, crews will:
- Complete pouring concrete at curb corners and build ADA-compliant curb ramps on W side (Please note: this work was pushed back to next week due to limited concrete availability this week)
- Begin demolishing and pouring concrete at curb corners and build ADA-compliant curb ramps on E side
- Open up sidewalks early in the week, as they are completed/cured. *Please use sidewalk across the street during curb ramp construction.
What you can expect:
August 20 | Intermittent brief closures (NE & SE curb corners demo/rebuilds)
- E35th Ave SW and SW 100th – EB travel through the intersection.
Note: Vehicles will still be able to travel WB on SW 100th St to access Marine View Dr SW.
August 20-24 | 7 AM – 5 PM
- 35th Ave SW will be fully closed between SW 100th and SW 106th streets during work hours.
Note: 35th Ave SW will reopen at the end of each work day, and remains open during the weekend.
Thank you for your understanding as project work continues!
Image by Google Maps | www.google.com/maps
Solid progress and cure time.
The Arbor Heights Safe Routes to School project is making progress on storm drain installation, and this week teams pour concrete for sidewalks, curbs, and driveways. To complete the work, and allow 24 hours for the concrete to cure, 35th Ave SW must be closed to through-traffic from SW 100th to SW 104th streets.
What you can expect.
Wednesday, August 1 to Friday, August 3 | 7 AM – 4 PM daily
35th Ave SW between Between SW 100th and SW 104th streets will be closed to through-traffic during work hours, each day.
Through-traffic will be routed to 26th Ave SW as well as Marine View Dr SW. NB traffic will detour at SW 104th St; SB traffic will be redirected at SW Roxbury St and also SW 100th St.
Detour during Safe Routes to School project work, Aug 1 – 3, 7 AM – 4 PM.
Crews will work to maintain on-street parking on the east side of the street and/or nearby side streets during active construction. Outside of work hours, 35th Ave SW reopens to traffic.
Questions? Email PedestrianImprovements2@seattle.gov or call 206.615.0786.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve safety!
Starting in May 2018, Seattle City Light will be working in the Arroyo/South Arbor Heights area to install new electrical conduits, vaults and streetlights. This work is needed to replace aging underground, direct buried cables in the neighborhood.
Construction will start at California Avenue SW, between SW 106th and 107th streets. To follow the progress of this work, please visit our website.
What You Can Expect:
City Light crews will be working in multiple locations at a time. Construction will start at California Avenue SW, between SW 106th and 107th streets. Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Crews will work to limit traffic impacts.
Example of crews trenching for new conduit.
Trenching for conduits will occur in the public right-of-way (e.g. street and planting strips). Some sidewalk and driveway aprons will be affected. Trenches will be covered with steel plates or fenced off outside of construction work hours.
Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Affected residents will be notified in advance before any outage.
Timing & Coordination:
- Civil and electrical construction is estimated to last approximately 18-20 months. Additional streetlight work will follow.
- Daily work hours are from Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Construction could extend beyond these hours, as needed.
Customers can contact David Mannery, Senior Electrical Service Representative at (206) 386-4245 or email@example.com.
Visit Seattle City Light’s “At Work in Your Neighborhood” website for the latest updates on this project: www.seattle.gov/light/atwork/release.asp?RN=402.
Seattle City Light is hosting an open house on Wednesday, April 25 to inform customers about an upcoming conduit installation project in the Arroyo/South Arbor Heights area. Customers are invited to stop by the Seattle Public Library’s Southwest Branch between 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. to learn more.
Details for the upcoming open house are below:
Arroyo Conduit Installation – Open House
Seattle Public Library – Southwest Branch
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The Seattle Public Library’s Southwest Branch is located at 9010 35th Avenue Southwest. The open house will be located upstairs in the meeting room on the library’s second floor.
Underground, direct buried cables in the Arroyo neighborhood are approaching the end of their useful life and will require new electrical conduit and cables. Seattle City Light has identified several areas within the Arroyo neighborhood that will require installing new conduits, vaults, and other associated work. Streetlights will also be replaced as part of this work. The work will result in enhanced electrical reliability and efficiency.
Construction work areas in the Arroyo/South Arbor Heights area. Crews will begin construction on California Avenue SW, between SW 106th and 107th streets.
- Construction is scheduled to start in early to mid-May 2018, beginning with equipment staging.
- Daily work hours are Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m and weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Construction could extend beyond these hours, as needed.
- Civil construction is estimated to last approximately 1 1/2 years. Additional streetlight and electrical work may follow.
Seattle City Light will be hosting a community meeting for Arroyo neighborhood residents on Thursday, December 14 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Westside School to discuss an unplanned power outage that took place on December 3. The meeting will also include information about the history of the neighborhood’s electrical infrastructure, and future upgrades for the Arroyo area.
Click on the flier for more information.
The Westside School is located at 10404 34th Avenue Southwest, in West Seattle’s Arbor Heights neighborhood. Street parking is available around the neighborhood and east of the campus on 32nd Avenue Southwest. The meeting will be held in the school’s theater.
For more information, please contact Shelby Calipes, Customer Engineering Supervisor at (206) 386-4274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.