Our department is growing! We’re processing a record number of permits and hiring staff to keep up with the increased workload. To accommodate the new staff, we are making changes to the public entry areas on the 21st and 22nd floors of the Seattle Municipal Tower. These changes will help us maximize our floor space, get the most out of our staff resources, and provide a more streamlined process for our customers.
On August 1, we made the following changes:
- The reception area on the 21st floor is now closed to the public. If you have a scheduled meeting on the 21st floor, you can use the lobby phone to contact your electrical inspector or building plans reviewer.
- Trade licensing, side sewer registration, and electrical plan correction drop-off moved to the Applicant Service Center on the 20th
Updated Info: On August 30, we made the following changes:
- The reception area on the 22nd floor is now closed to the public. If you have a scheduled meeting on the 22nd floor, you will be able to use the lobby phone to contact your building inspector or land use reviewer.
- Certificate of Occupancies are now being issued on the 20th floor in the Applicant Services Center.
The Applicant Service Center hours of operation are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
These changes are helping to streamline our customer service by conveniently locating these services on the same floor as the cashier station.
If you have questions about these changes, please contact: