Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, in collaboration with Seattle Parks & Recreation, Planning & Community Development, Transportation, and others are hosting a Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda (HALA) Open House on Tuesday, January 10 from 6 to 8 pm at Optimism Brewing.
Everyone interested in making a more affordable, livable Seattle for all are invited to come, learn, and join in conversation with your neighbors.
You may be wondering….
What can I expect from this Open House?
You can check out all the information and talk with City staff, as well as with your neighbors. City staff will be available to talk one-on-one. They can also take your comments.
Specific to the Central neighborhoods, this Open House will present proposed changes to central Urban Villages. Urban Village maps will be shared for the areas of:
You can also hear what’s going on at the Office of Planning & Community Development, the Office of Housing for HALA, the Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections, and Parking Reform, and how these organizations are putting forward the affordability and livability agenda.
What will be done with the comments collected?
As a whole, all collected comments will help shape and change policy and programs.
What if I can’t attend but I want to give comment on these projects?
- There are several ways to comment, so choose what works best for you.
- You can send us an email at HALAinfo@seattle.gov.
- If you would prefer to talk to someone, you can call the HALA Hotline: (206) 743-6612. (Note: the hotline is staffed M-F from 9 am to 5 pm; if you don’t get someone just leave a message, and they will get back to you.)
- Anyone can join the online conversation at https://hala.consider.it/.
- You are welcome to attend any upcoming neighborhood meetings, or if you would like HALA staff to come and meet specifically with your group, you can email Jesseca Brand at Jesseca.Brand@seattle.gov to make arrangements.
This Open House is a great chance to connect with your neighbors and share information. You can enjoy complimentary food and soft drinks (beer is available for purchase). All ages are welcome, so feel free to bring the kids. We hope to see you there!
The post Come to our Open House on Housing Affordability and Livability for the Central Neighborhoods appeared first on Front Porch.