Image by Google Maps | www.google.com/maps
Utility work for the Center City Connector.
To complete utility work for the Center City Connector, the intersection at 1st Ave S and Yesler Way will be closed on July 7-8 for our crews to install a new water main.
What you can expect.
Closure | Full intersection closure at 1st Ave S and Yesler Way from 7 AM on Saturday, July 7 to 9 PM on Sunday, July 8.
Detours | Detour signs will be posted.
- EB Yesler Way will be closed at Western Ave, except for local access.
- WB Yesler Way will be closed at 2nd Ave, except for local access.
- NB 1st Ave will be closed at S Jackson St.
- SB 1st Ave will be closed at Cherry St, except for local access.
- WB James St will be closed at 2nd Ave, except for local access.
- Temporary sidewalk and crosswalk detours at the intersection of 1st Ave S and Yesler Way.
Visit our project website for more information or contact our team by calling 206.400.7578 or emailing email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding while crews complete the work as quickly as possible!
Did you know??
We’re jumping right in to highlight what’s hot and moving Seattle this week but just the tip-top crunchy crust (best parts) because did you know that we have 901 projects and construction events happening – RIGHT – NOW? #TrueStory!
- 137 of them have no defined mobility impacts.
- The rest are either single mobility impacts, arterial lane closures, or multiple mobility impacts. Wanna take a peek?
We love sharing resources.
Here are some quick resources for a list of events/construction lookahead (Yes! This info lives in more than one place!). We also have this info plopped on a map (aka traveler’s info map).
This week in Seattle.
June 20 → 27:
SW Spokane Bridge is currently ‘closed’ for repairs.
SW Spokane Bridge is currently closed for repairs. See blog for details.
June 22 → 24:
- Full closure SB SR99 Denny Wy to S Spokane St from 9 PM → 6 AM.
- Queer/Bar Pride Block Party at 11 Ave between E Pike St and E Pine St, 8 AM → Midnight Sunday. The 3-day event will close a portion of 11th Ave
between E Pike and E Pine St.
- Ace Comic Con, 3-day event at WaMu Theater and CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Seattle Pride | http://bit.ly/2lu529f
- PrideFest Capitol Hill will encompass Broadway from John to Roy St & Denny Wy to Cal Anderson Park.
- Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago at 7 PM.
- Jimmy Buffet at KeyArena, 8PM → 11 PM.
- Paramount Theater’s 90th Anniversary Celebration, a free outdoor concert celebration will close 9th Ave between Pint and Pine streets, 5 PM → 8 PM.
- 2nd Ave (between Pine & Union streets) will be down to one lane on the following dates/times below. Try catching the ferry or use 5th Ave or Alaskan Wy as an alternative route.
- 6.23 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 6.30 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 7.7 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 8.4→8.5 (2 lanes open)
- 8.11→8.12 (2 lanes open)
- 8.18→8.19 (2 lanes open)
Seattle Pride parade route. | http://bit.ly/2KbZKK4
- Seattle Pride Parade starts at 4th and Union & ends at 2nd & Denny Wy, 11 AM → 3 PM. Parade participants
will stage on 4th Ave between S.Washington and Union streets.
- Pridefest at Seattle Center from 12 PM → 8 PM is a celebration of LGBTQ arts, culture, and Pride, on four stages
at the Seattle Center.
- Andrea Bocelli at KeyArena 8:30 → 11 PM.
- Pride Oasis T-Dance & Red Hook Pride Block Party, 2 → 10 PM, Pike St will be closed between Boylston and Harvard avenues.
Next week lookahead.
June 29 → July 1: Seattle Mariners vs. Kansas City Royals.
June 30: Seattle Sounders vs. Portland at 1:30 PM. Suggested route – use 5th Ave to Jackson St to reach the stadiums.
July 1: Access to the Bainbridge and Bremerton ferry terminal will be via Jackson St. The current ferry queueing area on Alaskan Way from Madison to Columbia will become parking for those trying to visit the Aquarium and other Waterfront businesses.
July 4: SCCA Seafair Summer 4th at Gas Works Park, Noon to Midnight.
July 3 → 5: Seattle Mariners vs. LA Angels. Suggested route – use 5th Ave to Jackson St to reach the stadiums.
July 13 → 15: WSDOT I-5 closure. This will be a FULL NB I-5 closure from W Seattle Bridge exit. WSDOT hasn’t determined the northern limit closure yet. Stay tuned. Expect delays. Bring a snack!
Aug 10 → 12: WSDOT I-5 closure. This will be a partial NB I-5 closure. Stay tuned for more details. Expect delays
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-684-ROAD.
Information subject to change. Additional construction or events may be planned in the Seattle area.
Existing intersection conditions at Harbor Ave SW and SW Spokane St.
Kicking it off with a lane reduction.
Construction for the Harbor Ave SW & SW Spokane St Intersection Improvement project launches this week! The project will be fully delivered/completed in 6 weeks. To kick things off, please be prepared for a lane reduction at the intersection of Harbor Ave SW and SW Spokane St.
What you can expect:
THURS. 6/14, 9 AM → MON. 6/18
Our crews will close the WB curb lane of SW Spokane St as the street approaches Harbor Ave SW, restricting vehicle traffic to one lane, except during peak hours (3-7 PM, MON-FRI), when it will stay fully open.
A uniformed police officer will direct right turns onto NB Harbor Ave SW from SW Spokane St during work hours.
Sidewalks will be maintained for people walking and biking.
All this to say, thanks for your patience while we make these safety improvements for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers!
Final design concept.
This project is part of the Neighborhood Street Fund Program. For over a decade, first as part of Bridging the Gap and now the Levy to Move Seattle, the Neighborhood Street Fund (NSF) has enabled SDOT, the Mayor and City Council to partner with the community to identify, prioritize, fund and build transportation improvements in Seattle’s neighborhoods and business districts. NSF is a program that pays for transportation projects identified and prioritized by the community.
Visit the Harbor Ave SW and SW Spokane St Intersection Improvements project for more information. Have questions or concerns? Email our Neighborhood Street Fund Outreach Lead, Michael Charles, at 206.733.9361 or by email at NSFHarborandSpokane@seattle.gov.
We’re making sidewalk and drainage improvements!
While work is underway at S Cloverdale St and 46th Ave S, near Dunlap Elementary, we’ll need to detour WB traffic on S Cloverdale St between Rainier Ave S and Martin Luther King Jr Way S for the next three weeks.
What you can expect for the next 3 weeks:
We hope to wrap work up by Jun 26.
Traffic will be reduced to a one EB lane on S Cloverdale St between 46th Ave S and 47th Ave S. Flaggers will be on-site during work hours (typically Monday-Friday, 7 AM to 4 PM) to direct traffic through the work zone. Please follow all posted signage.
When traveling WB on S Cloverdale St between Rainier Ave S and Martin Luther King Jr Way S, you’ll be rerouted to S Henderson St. To reach points on S Cloverdale St, westbound travelers may return to S Cloverdale St from Martin Luther King Jr Way S. Local access for those driving will be maintained. See detour map.
On-street parking will be restricted on S Cloverdale St between 46th Ave S and 47th Ave S.
Access will be maintained for those walking in the project area. Please follow all posted signage.
Thanks for your patience while work is being completed!
Visit the Rainier Valley Neighborhood Greenway site for more information. Have questions or concerns? Email Emily Reardon at RainierNSGW@seattle.gov or call 206.615.1485.