Did you know??
We’re jumping right in to highlight what’s hot and moving Seattle this week but just the tip-top crunchy crust (best parts) because did you know that we have 901 projects and construction events happening – RIGHT – NOW? #TrueStory!
- 137 of them have no defined mobility impacts.
- The rest are either single mobility impacts, arterial lane closures, or multiple mobility impacts. Wanna take a peek?
We love sharing resources.
This week in Seattle.
June 20 → 27:
SW Spokane Bridge is currently closed for repairs. See blog for details.
- Tonight! | 6.20: Spokane St Swing Bridge ‘closing for emergency repairs.
- Update 1 | 6.21: W Seattle Lower Bridge.
- Update 2 | 6.21: W Seattle Lower Bridge.
June 22 → 24:
- Full closure SB SR99 Denny Wy to S Spokane St from 9 PM → 6 AM.
- Queer/Bar Pride Block Party at 11 Ave between E Pike St and E Pine St, 8 AM → Midnight Sunday. The 3-day event will close a portion of 11th Ave
between E Pike and E Pine St.
- Ace Comic Con, 3-day event at WaMu Theater and CenturyLink Field Event Center.
- PrideFest Capitol Hill will encompass Broadway from John to Roy St & Denny Wy to Cal Anderson Park.
- Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago at 7 PM.
- Jimmy Buffet at KeyArena, 8PM → 11 PM.
- Paramount Theater’s 90th Anniversary Celebration, a free outdoor concert celebration will close 9th Ave between Pint and Pine streets, 5 PM → 8 PM.
- 2nd Ave (between Pine & Union streets) will be down to one lane on the following dates/times below. Try catching the ferry or use 5th Ave or Alaskan Wy as an alternative route.
- 6.23 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 6.30 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 7.7 from 5 AM → 5 PM
- 8.4→8.5 (2 lanes open)
- 8.11→8.12 (2 lanes open)
- 8.18→8.19 (2 lanes open)
- Seattle Pride Parade starts at 4th and Union & ends at 2nd & Denny Wy, 11 AM → 3 PM. Parade participants
will stage on 4th Ave between S.Washington and Union streets.
- Pridefest at Seattle Center from 12 PM → 8 PM is a celebration of LGBTQ arts, culture, and Pride, on four stages
at the Seattle Center.
- Andrea Bocelli at KeyArena 8:30 → 11 PM.
- Pride Oasis T-Dance & Red Hook Pride Block Party, 2 → 10 PM, Pike St will be closed between Boylston and Harvard avenues.
Next week lookahead.
June 29 → July 1: Seattle Mariners vs. Kansas City Royals.
June 30: Seattle Sounders vs. Portland at 1:30 PM. Suggested route – use 5th Ave to Jackson St to reach the stadiums.
July 1: Access to the Bainbridge and Bremerton ferry terminal will be via Jackson St. The current ferry queueing area on Alaskan Way from Madison to Columbia will become parking for those trying to visit the Aquarium and other Waterfront businesses.
July 4: SCCA Seafair Summer 4th at Gas Works Park, Noon to Midnight.
July 3 → 5: Seattle Mariners vs. LA Angels. Suggested route – use 5th Ave to Jackson St to reach the stadiums.
July 13 → 15: WSDOT I-5 closure. This will be a FULL NB I-5 closure from W Seattle Bridge exit. WSDOT hasn’t determined the northern limit closure yet. Stay tuned. Expect delays. Bring a snack!
Aug 10 → 12: WSDOT I-5 closure. This will be a partial NB I-5 closure. Stay tuned for more details. Expect delays
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-684-ROAD.
Information subject to change. Additional construction or events may be planned in the Seattle area.