Downtown portions of 6th Ave nearly repaved!
Crews are working hard to build a new, smooth 6th Ave downtown, and they’re nearing the finish line.
SAT, June 16, 5 PM/8 PM SUN, June 17, 6 AM
What you can expect:
These closures will allow completion of paving on 6th Ave between University St and Spring St, and at the James St intersection.
- 6th Ave will be fully closed between Madison and Marion streets, starting @ 5 PM SAT
- Intersection at 6th Ave and Marion St closed to NB turns
- 6th Ave will be fully closed between University and Spring streets, starting @ 8 PM SAT
- No access to parking garages and loading zones off 6th Ave from University St to Spring St during work hours
- The I-5 northbound offramp to Seneca St will be fully closed
- Intersection closure at 6th Ave and Seneca St
- 6th Ave will be closed from Cherry St to James St: vehicles traveling westbound on James St will turn left onto 6th Ave only
- James St will be closed from 5th Ave to 6th Ave with local access only
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- Lights will be used to during the night to illuminate active work zones
- Access to businesses, hotels, and residences on 6th Ave will be maintained.
Thanks for your patience while work is being completed!