Seattle Parks and Recreation Specialized Programs is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of Camp Counselor. You will work closely with one other co-counselor and be responsible for the care and safety of 8-10 campers who are differently abled.
- Assisting with dressing, feeding, toileting, and supervision of a group of children with disabilities during resident and day camp sessions
- Developing and leading daily activities, assisting with facilitated special events and classes
- Involving all campers in games, hiking, canoeing, camp skits, sing-a-longs, special events, and other programs
- Modeling and fostering the development of social skills
- Creating an engaging and inclusive camp environment for all abilities
- Indirectly supervising volunteers assigned to the group
- Attending all daily staff meetings
This is a temporary summer position. Pay is $16.11 per hour plus premium pay for overnights. Counselor orientation will be held on June 23-24. Camp dates are below. Please do not apply if you cannot attend every date listed below.
- June 26-29 Overnight camp in West Seattle
- July 10-13 Overnight camp in West Seattle
- July 16-20 Day camp at Lower Woodland Park
- July 23-27 Day Camp at Lower Woodland Park
- July 31-August 3 Overnight camp in West Seattle
- August 6-10 Day camp at Lower Woodland Park
- August 14-17 Overnight camp in West Seattle
Questions? Contact Jill at (206) 615-0140. To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post We’re hiring! Temporary Camp Counselor for our Specialized Programs appeared first on Parkways.