Explore a variety of activities and demonstrations rooted in the theme of “Salinlahi,” also known as “generation,” at Seattle Center Festál: Pagdiriwang Philippine Festival, Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3 at Seattle Center Armory, Mural Amphitheatre and Center grounds.
- Dance performances by groups of all ages, featuring the indigenous Lumad tribes of Southern Philippines, as well as interactive dance activities such as Tinikling
- Photography, visual art, artifacts, historical, and culinary art exhibits
- Readings of plays and poetry
- Filipino martial arts demonstration
- Cooking demonstrations, Philippine coffee tasting and food booths
- Tribal tattoo lecture and demonstration
- Lecture on Baybayin form of writing
- Children’s hands-on activities, such as, yo-yo and sungka (a Filipino table game)
For full event details visit: festalpagdiriwang.com
Seattle Center Festál: Pagdiriwang Philippine Festival is a public program presented by Seattle Center in partnership with the Filipino Cultural Heritage Society of Washington. Admission is free-of-charge. To learn more about this collection of ethnic cultural events and other Seattle Center public programming, visit www.seattlecenter.com or call 206-684-7200.