Several closures related to the 6th Ave Paving Project will begin during evening hours on Monday, May 7 and Tuesday, May 8. The closure will allow crews on the 6th Ave Paving Project to complete grinding work on 6th Ave between Marion St and Yesler Way in preparation for paving later this month. Thank you for your patience while this work is being completed.
What to expect from 8 p.m. Monday, May 7 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, May 8, and from 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 8 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, May 9:
- 6th Ave will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Marion St to Yesler Way while crews complete grinding work
- Intersection closures along 6th Ave during work hours include:
- Jefferson St
- Cherry St
- Columbia St
- Marion St for traffic turning southbound onto 6th Ave
- The southbound I-5 onramp at 6th Ave & James St (Jefferson St) will be closed starting at 11 p.m.
- The southbound I-5 offramp to James St (Columbia St) will be reduced to one lane
- The northbound I-5 onramp from Cherry St will only be accessible from 7th Ave & James St
- Intersection of 6th Ave and Cherry St will be closed
- No access to parking garages and loading zones off 6th Ave during work hours
For more information on this project, please click here. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 6thAvePaving@seattle.gov, or (206) 727-3669.