Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) is now accepting applications for two Seattle Park District-funded programs for community activities in 2018. Applications are due by February 16, 2018. Apply at seattlepark.gosmart.org.
- The Get Moving program funds culturally relevant physical activities in communities where health disparities are prevalent. Funded activities will strengthen the collaboration between SPR and Seattle communities.
- The Recreation for All program funds new, innovative and culturally relevant recreation opportunities. Funded programs will take place in City of Seattle community centers, parks and facilities.
The goal of the community funding is to further strengthen the collaborative working relationship between SPR and Seattle communities through innovative and sustainable programs. Individuals, nonprofit organizations, small businesses, and community groups are eligible to apply. Applicants can apply for up to a maximum amount of $15,000.
Learn what makes a strong application by attending a workshop. This interactive question-and-answer session will cover specifics on eligibility and how to apply. We can make interpreters available with 72 hours advance notice. First time applicants are encouraged to attend.
- January 10: 6-8 p.m., Eritrian Community Center
- January 20: 1-3 p.m., Rainier Beach Community Center (8825 Rainier Ave. S)
- January 25: 1-3 p.m., Delridge Community Center (4501 Delridge Way SW)
- February 2: 1-3 p.m., Asian Referral Center (3639 Martin Luther King Jr Way S)
- February 10: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., South Park Community Center (8319 8th Ave S)
- February 14: 6-8 p.m., Lake City Public Library (12501 28th Ave NE)
The post Apply now for two Seattle Park District-funded programs for community activities in 2018 appeared first on Parkways.