You’re invited to a South Seattle Home Fair on February 10, 2018, hosted by the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections. Here’s your chance to ask an expert about your planned remodel and our permitting process and code requirements. You can also get information about rental housing rules, homeowner assistance, landslide awareness, and much, much more.
Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, renter, or potential homeowner, this event has something for you.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Filipino Community of Seattle
5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S
(The Filipino Community center is ADA accessible.)
We’ll have information tables where you can ask an expert your questions and get advice about your project or about available services. You’ll have an opportunity to learn about:
- Building and residential codes
- Building, electrical, boiler, and mechanical inspections
- Building permits
- Community tool library
- Emergency information
- Energy rebates
- Home ownership assistance
- Land Use Rules
- Landslide Awareness
- Metro transit projects
- Rental Housing Rules
- Weatherization of Homes
Other City departments and local organizations will also be available to answer questions.
- HomeSight will provide information about Prepurchase Education classes, Homeownership Counseling, First mortgage lending for refinance, and purchase and down payment assistance.
- Homestead Community Land Trust will provide a program description of their Permanent Affordable Housing model, including eligibility guidelines and resources to get started on the homebuyer process. HCLT staff will be able to answer questions about the Community Land Trust model, ways to get involved in permanent affordable housing advocacy, and much more.
- King County Metro Transit will provide information about their projects and available services.
- Rebuilding Together Seattle is a nonprofit that provides free health- and safety-focused home repairs for low income homeowners. They will answer any questions about their program and will have applications and information available at their table.
- Seattle City Light will have information about energy-saving tips, available rebates for your home, and how to buy the right LED bulb and take advantage of in-store instant discounts on LEDs.
- The Seattle Hubs table will be staffed by Rainer Beach Ready volunteers who will describe how the Emergency Communications Hubs function, where the Rainier Beach Hub is located and have quick tips and multi-language brochures on how to be prepared and communicate during an emergency, as well as information on establishing new hubs in other South Seattle neighborhoods.
- The Southeast Seattle Tool Library will present some fascinating facts about the tool collection and the interesting projects the tools have inspired at this community lending library.
For more information about the South Seattle Home Fair, contact: