As stated in the Community Center Strategic plan, SPR will undertake stabilization renovations at many of our aging community centers.
Green Lake Community Center and Evans Pool is one of the oldest centers in our city and well-used and beloved by the community.
Over the years, SPR has been quick to fix repairs to issues that have cropped up at Green Lake Community Center, and with tax-payer support we can undertake some larger projects that will keep the building open and accessible.
These repairs include a crucial roof repair and replacement of the pool pump which will lengthen the life of this facility. SPR is still aware that a longer-term plan for the recreation needs of Green Lake and surrounding neighborhoods will need to be addressed as this facility continues to age.
Thanks to our incredible SPR staff closures for these repairs will be minimal.
All repairs will take place October 2017 – November 2017
- Install new Backboard–COMPLETED
- Electrical Panel replacement
- Gym floor leveling
- Gym floor refinishing
- Acid wash, patch, and repair pool shell
- Install new circulation pump
- Install new Heat Exchanger
- Seal pool deck
- Roof Repair (Roof repair will not require additional closure)
Closure Schedule to Accommodate work:
- Evans Pool Closure: October 16 – November 12
- Green Lake CC Closure: October 30 – November 5
- Green Lake Gym Closure: October 16 -November 5
For more information please reach to PKS_info@seattle.gov or call Garrett Farrell at (206) 233-7921
The post Stabilization Repairs at Green Lake Community Center and Evans Pool appeared first on Parkways.