SDOT is advising travelers that construction for the repaving of Nickerson St/W Nickerson St. will result in nighttime work. Crews will work at night to grind and pave W Nickerson St. This work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled if necessary.
Travelers can expect the following:
- Work from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night of work
- One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained throughout construction
- 24-hour “No Parking” restrictions; Vehicle owners are asked to keep cars clear of the work zone during the restricted parking hours to avoid being towed and provide crews sufficient space to complete work on time
- Crews will grind from 3rd Ave W to 14th Ave W in one direction on September 5 and grind in the opposite direction on September 6
- Crews will pave from 3rd Ave W to 14th Ave W in one direction on September 13 and pave in the opposite direction on September 14
- Construction-related noise, dust, and vibration
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_Nickerson.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at NickersonPaving@seattle.gov, or (206) 256-5252. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.