Five of our firefighters were honored at the Washington State Fallen Firefighters Memorial on Monday, June 4, in Olympia – surrounded by family, friends, coworkers and loved ones. On June 2, at Seattle Fire Department’s Headquarters, the memorial ribbons for our five fallen firefighters were transferred from their family to the IAFF District 7 Motorcycle Group for their trip to Olympia. The ribbons were kept at the firefighter’s previous stations.
We honor them for their heroism. Each of these firefighters are deeply missed by the department and community.
- Firefighter Stephen Lohr began employment with SFD in 1990, and was assigned to Engine 2, and the Fire Alarm Center. In 1994, Lohr promoted to Firefighter/Paramedic. Firefighter Stephen Lohr passed away on August 3, 2009.
- Firefighter Wallace F. Goulet began employment with SFD in 1982, and was assigned to Engine 9 and Engine 17. Firefighter Wallace Goulet passed away on June 28, 2014.
- Firefighter Joshua Milton began employment with SFD in 2013, and was assigned to Engine 20. Firefighter Joshua Milton passed away on December 11, 2015.
- Firefighter Tristan Smith began employment with SFD in 2009, and was assigned to Engine 40 and Ladder 8. Firefighter Tristan Smith passed away on April 14, 2016.
- Firefighter Scott Steed began employment with SFD in 1990, and was assigned to Ladder 8, Ladder 6, Engine 41 and the Fire Marshall’s Office. Firefighter Scott Steed passed away on October 19, 2016.
“Gone but not forgotten.”