SDOT advises travelers that crews will be replacing sidewalk and pedestrian ramps at the intersection of Westlake Ave and Denny Way this weekend, Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, May 21.
From Saturday morning, May 20, to Sunday evening, May 21, travelers can expect:
- The right lane of eastbound Denny Way will be closed between 9 Ave N and Westlake Ave
- The sidewalk on the southside of Denny Way will be closed between 9 Ave N and Westlake Ave
- All lanes of Westlake Ave N will remain open
- The streetcar will operate normally
- King County Metro’s Route 8 transit stop on eastbound Denny Way will operate normally
This work is part of the South Lake Union Transit Improvements project which included dedicated transit lanes, transit stop upgrades and wider sidewalks.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.