SDOT advises travelers that there will be overnight closures of the Fauntleroy Expressway (West Seattle Freeway) beginning on May 1 for up to three weeks for street light maintenance.
Starting at 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 7, travelers can expect the following:
- The Expressway will be closed to westbound traffic west of Delridge Way SW
- The Expressway will reopen at 5 a.m. the next morning.
- If any Mariners baseball home games reach an expected attendance of 20,000 or more during this time, the Expressway closure will be delayed until 11 p.m.
- Westbound traffic will detour to Delridge Way SW and follow a signed detour via SW Spokane St and SW Avalon Way
- This work may be extended into the week of May 7 – 14, if necessary, until the work is completed.
SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is completed.