New Requirement: Electronic-Only Applications

In preparation for our new permitting system, coming soon, we now require that all applications and plans be submitted electronically. We will no longer accept paper plans.

Shop Drawings & Blanket Permits
You are currently required to submit applications for shop drawings and blanket electronically. This requirement went into effect April 1st. To submit your files, follow the instructions on our Send Us Your Files web page.

Electrical Plan Review
As of April 17, 2017, you must submit your electrical plan review applications electronically.

  • Go to the Project Portal. If you do not have an account, you need to create one. (Under the Help button in the project portal there are many helpful guides for setting up a new account and submitting applications).
  • Log in to your account. Click on Start a Preliminary Application located at the top left side of your portal page. The system will walk you through each step of entering the application information. Remember to select Electrical for the application type.
  • After you have submitted your application, our staff will complete your preliminary application and notify you.
  • Once you receive the notification, log into your portal account. Your project number should be in the Application in Progress. Click on your project number and follow the steps to complete your submittal. Once everything is complete and your documents are uploaded, click on Submit for Intake.

For further assistance or questions regarding the project portal, please call (206) 684-8850.

All Other Plans
As of May 1, we will no longer accept any paper plans or applications for any permit. The exception will be subject-to-field-inspection permits issued at the counter.

If you have already submitted your plans, you need to convert them to electronic plans during the correction cycle. To do so, email

If you’re starting a new application, you need to use the Project Portal. This applies to all permits, including fire alarms, stand-alone sprinklers, and electrical permits, as well as permit revisions.