SEATTLE (March 8, 2017) – The City of Seattle activated its Emergency Operations Center and Joint Information Center at 10:30 a.m. to support operations around a major fiber line outage in downtown Seattle. The City has isolated the issue and started repairs.
Several City facilities are affected by this outage, including the following. Crews are working to restore these lines.
- Landline phone service at Seattle Police Department’s West Precinct, Emergency Operations Center, and Harbor Patrol
- Administrative landline phone service at most Seattle Fire stations
- Landline phone service at Belltown and Northgate Community Centers
- Landline phone service at Seattle Center
- Landline phone service at Seattle Parks and Recreation headquarters
- Some landline phone service interruptions at Seattle Municipal Court facilities
- Some landline phone service interruptions at Seattle City Hall
- Landline phone service are down at the University District and Lake City Customer Service Centers. Questions can be directed to the City’s Customer Service Bureau at 684-CITY (2489).
911 services are operational and were not impacted by this outage. Call 911 for emergency services.
Public information officers are available to answer media inquiries via email at email@example.com.