Home Retrofit Permits

Earthquake home retrofitting is a good way to decrease the amount of damage to your building after an earthquake. To get a home retrofit permit you can use our prescriptive plan set — Project Impact — or get a voluntary seismic retrofit designed by an engineer.

If you’re considering extensive remodeling or large additions to your home, home retrofit permits enable you to meet the seismic regulations of Seattle Residential Code (SRC) R107.8. These large projects often require that your structure be seismically updated. You may need to either update your building by bolting it to the foundation, or show that your structure has already been updated.,

We expedite review for home retrofit projects. You can apply for a home retrofit permit through the normal intake appointment process or by the screening option in your Project Portal.

For more information, contact:

Larry Key
(206) 233-7850