On October 6, fire units were dispatched to investigate the sound of an explosion. The first unit arrived to find no smoke or fire, but noticed significant structural damage to a 2-story brick building with glass and debris in the streets.
The investigation determined that the fire was caused by food left unattended on a portable stove and igniting. The fire heated up an adjacent sealed propane bottle which exploded inside the building.
There were no injuries reported. Red Cross was called for one resident and their pet. Damage was estimated at $205,000.