SDOT is advising travelers that Meridian Avenue N between North 112th and North 103rd streets will be repaved during the day on Thursday, September 29 and Friday, September 30. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change. Weather cancellations will be rescheduled for a later date. SDOT thanks the public for its patience while this work is being completed.
Travelers can expect the following:
- Paving work hours will be between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday
- One travel lane in each direction will be maintained on this section on Meridian Avenue N throughout the paving process, with flaggers directing traffic. North Northgate Way will not be impacted by this work.
- On Thursday, September 29, the east side of Meridian Avenue North will be repaved, starting at North Northgate Way and moving south to North 103rd Street.
- On Friday, September 30, the following areas will be repaved:
- The east side of Meridian Avenue North, between North 112th Street and North Northgate Way
- The west side of Meridian Avenue North, starting at North Northgate Way and moving south to North 103rd Street
- The west side of Meridian Avenue North, between North 112th Street and North Northgate Way
- Motorists will NOT be able to enter or exit driveways for several hours, until the asphalt has had time to cool. For motorists who are impacted, please consider parking on side streets if you need to come and go during the affected time period.
- There will be temporary side street closures to let the newly laid asphalt to cool.
- The work is expected to create noise, dust, vibration, and asphalt odor.
- Emergency vehicles will have access if needed.
- King County Metro bus stops will be temporarily shifted around work zones.
For more information on this project, please visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_meridian.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 2016MeridianPaving@seattle.gov or leave a message at (206) 727-3669.