Over the last two years, Officers Ryan Gallagher and Jeremy Wade have worked with community partners to collect beds for children in need. In the first year of the program, they provided 50 to families. The second year, 100. This year, they’re hoping to get 150 beds to children in need.
If you’d like to help Beds For Kids reach their goal this year, please contact the Seattle Police Foundation on their website or call (206) 733-9372.
If you know of a child in need of a bed, please call 360-602-1148. Officers will be delivering beds November 17th. For more information on the Beds for Kids program please check out their Facebook page.
- New partnership this year with Dream Bed through Sleep Train.
- 3rd Annual one day event on Tuesday, November 15, 2017
- Goal of donating 150 brand new beds this year during the one day event to kids in the greater Seattle area that do not already have a bed.
- The SPD Beds for Kids Project has already donated over 150 beds so far.
- Other partners include: Seattle Police Foundation, Ron & Don Show (KIRO Radio), and Possibly UPS again for the delivery of some beds.
- Beds can be requested by calling 360-602-1148.
- Donations can be made on the Seattle Police Foundation website.
- You can use anything on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/seattlepolicebeds4kids/)