SDOT advises travelers that demolition of the Yesler Bridge will continue as part of the bridge rehabilitation project, and will require the closure of Fourth Ave between S Washington St and Jefferson St. Fourth Ave will be reopened and the detour will be removed at noon on Sunday, September 11 to accommodate the Seahawks game at CenturyLink Field. Fourth Ave will again be closed starting two hours after the Seahawks game ends until 5 a.m. on Monday, September 12.
From 7 p.m. on Friday, September 9, to 5 a.m. on Monday, September 12, residents, businesses and travelers can expect:
- Full closure of Fourth Ave from S Washington St to Jefferson St.
- Work will pause and the detour will be removed at noon on Sunday, September 11 to accommodate the Seahawks game at CenturyLink Field.
- The closure will then be re-established starting two hours after the Seahawks game ends until 5 a.m. on Monday, September 12.
- No parking around the work zone.
- Intermittent construction noise on Saturday, September 10, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Use of water to control construction dust.
- Pedestrian, bicycle, vehicle, and bus detours around work areas.
Construction zone notification signs will be placed around the work zone prior to the start of work. Crews and equipment will be in the expanded work area beginning Friday, September 9. Crews will deconstruct and remove the reinforced concrete approach slabs on Terrace Street and Yesler Way as soon as Saturday, September 10 at 8 a.m. We will notify adjacent properties prior to the start of work.
This work will improve the safety and reliability of Yesler Bridge while preserving its historical elements. SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is being done. For more information the Yesler Bridge Rehabilitation Project, please visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/yeslerBridge.htm. If you have questions, please call us at 206-684-8684 or email us at YeslerBridge@seattle.gov.