The Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (Seattle DCI) is growing. We are processing a record number of permits and hiring staff to keep up with the increased work load. To accommodate the new staff, we are making changes to the public entry areas on the 21st and 22nd floors of the Seattle Municipal Tower. These changes will help us maximize our floor space, get the most out of our staff resources, and provide a more streamlined process for our customers.
On August 1, we are making the following changes:
- The reception area on the 21st floor will be closed to the public. If you have a scheduled meeting on the 21st floor, you can use the lobby phone to contact your electrical inspector or building plans reviewer.
- Trade licensing, side sewer registration, and electrical plan correction drop-off is moving to the Applicant Services Center on the 20th
In mid-August, we are making the following changes:
- The reception area on the 22nd floor will be closed to the public. If you have a scheduled meeting on the 22nd floor, you will be able to use the lobby phone to contact your building inspector or land use reviewer.
- Certificate of Occupancies will be issued on the 20th floor in the Applicant Services Center.
The Applicant Service Center hours of operation are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
These changes help streamline our customer service by conveniently locating these services on the same floor as the cashier station.
If you have questions about these changes, please contact: