Seattle Parks and Recreation provides a diverse range of programs for the social, recreational, and physical development of children and youth. Our Before and After School programs provide fun, engaging opportunities that support continued learning and personal growth outside of school. Trained staff work daily to offer activities in arts and culture, environmental stewardship, health and fitness, academic support, and more.
Our Before and After School programs focus on providing children with opportunities to develop socially, emotionally, and physically. We emphasize community relationships, while also recognizing individual achievement, creativity and original thinking. Self-awareness, self-control, conflict resolutions skills and positive decision-making abilities are also emphasized. We like to work in partnership with our local schools to make sure your child’s educational experience is constantly being enriched.
About Seattle Parks and Recreation’s Before and After School programs:
- For children 5 years through 12 years
- We ensure quality and consistent care with qualified staff
- We welcome all members of the community
- A morning and afternoon snack will be provided
- Scholarship applications may be picked up at your local community center. DSHS child care subsidies are also accepted.
Sites offering before and after school programs:
- Alki Community Center 206-684-7430, 5817 SW Stevens St.
- Ballard Community Center 206-684-4093 6020, 28th Ave. NW
- Bitter Lake Community Center 206-684-7524, 13035 Linden Ave. N
- Delridge Community Center 206-684-7423, 4501 Delridge Way SW
- Hiawatha Community Center 206-684-7441, 2700 California Ave. SW
- High Point Community Center 206-684-7422, 6920 34th Ave. SW
- Jefferson Community Center 206-684-7481, 3801 Beacon Ave. S
- Magnolia Community Center 206-386-4235, 2550 34th Ave. W
- Meadowbrook Community Center 206-684-7522, 10517 35th Ave. NE
- Montlake Community Center 206-684-4736, 1618 E Calhoun St.
- Northgate Community Center 206-386-4283, 10510 5th Ave. NE
- Queen Anne Community Center 206-386-4240, 1901 First Ave. W
- Rainier Beach Community Center 206-386-1925, 8825 Rainier Ave. S
- Rainier Community Center 206-386-1919 4600, 38th Ave. S
- Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center 206-684-7534, 6535 Ravenna Ave. NE
- South Park Community Center 206-684-7451, 8319, 8th Ave. S
- Van Asselt Community Center 206-386-1921, 2820, S Myrtle St.
- Yesler Community Center 206-386-1245, 917 E Yesler Way
Questions? Please contact the participating community centers for details.
Transportation for public school students
Seattle Public Schools will transport children within the district’s busing zones (see the Seattle school district web site for specific schools). If a child comes from outside the Seattle Schools’ busing zones, or if a child will be coming from a private school, the family is responsible for transportation.
Child Care Hotline: 206-684-4203
This is a 24-hour line giving information about School-Age program closures due to extreme weather or emergencies. It is updated each day by 6 am and as needed.