House Fire Ruled Accidental

Fire investigators have determined improperly discarded smoking material is to blame for the house fire at Fremont Avenue North and North 115th Street on April 19, 2016. The fire originated on the back deck of the home and then extended to the interior of the home. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.  

At 7:32 p.m., firefighters responded to multiple reports of a fire at the single family residence. The first firefighters to arrive, Ladder 5 and Engine 31, saw smoke coming from the back of the home. The occupant of the home reported that two dogs were inside the house. Firefighters were able to safely locate and rescue the dogs. One of the dogs was treated with oxygen at the scene and both dogs were transported by car to a veterinary clinic. The occupant of the home, a female patient, was driven in a private vehicle to Northwest Hospital with minor injuries. The rear deck, kitchen and laundry area all sustained extensive damage.

Investigators estimate the damage to the structure and the content of the home at 65,000 dollars.