Fire at Lake City Townhome Ruled Accidental

April 3 – Seattle Fire investigators have determined the overnight fire at a townhome located on the 2800 block of Northeast 130th Street was accidental. Investigators believe the fire started in the garage and extended up the north side of the townhome’s exterior.

Just after 11 p.m. on Sunday night, firefighters responded to multiple reports of smoke coming from the garage of a three-story townhome. The first arriving engine company, Engine 39, could see heavy smoke and flames coming from inside the garage. Firefighters kept the fire from spreading to the homes two floors above the garage as well as to neighboring townhomes. Two occupants of the residence, one male patient and one female patient, were transported by private ambulance to Northwest Hospital for evaluation.

The total damage to the building and contents is estimated at 70-thousand dollars.