From 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 26, crews working for the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will temporarily close East Olive Street and East Howell Street at 12th Avenue to all traffic to complete final roadway striping. This work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled due to inclement weather. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
Travelers can expect the following construction impacts:
- Construction activity and traffic impacts from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., on Friday, February 26.
- Temporary closure of East Howell Street and East Olive Street at 12th Avenue. Local access will be maintained at all times.
- Temporary lane restrictions on 12th Avenue between East Pine Street and East Denny Way. A flagger will be present to maintain two-way traffic.
- On-street parking restrictions on 12th Avenue, East Howell and East Olive streets.
- Pedestrian and bicycle detours around the work areas. People riding bicycles will be directed to merge with vehicle traffic. Pedestrian detours will vary. Please follow posted signage.
- Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction equipment.
The goal of these improvements is to allow safer crossings for pedestrians and improve mobility for all users. The improvements will include:
- Curb extensions to facilitate safer, shorter crossings for people crossing the street
- Curb ramps that are complaint with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards for smoother and better access
- New striped crosswalks that cross 12th Avenue at East Howell and East Olive streets
- Drainage improvements at both intersections
This project is funded by the Bridging the Gap transportation levy, through the Neighborhood Street Fund Program.
If you have questions or concerns during construction, please contact the project team at NSF@seattle.gov or 206-733-9361, or visit the project website: www.seattle.gov/transportation/12thavenueimprovements.htm.