Stay Fire Safe this Halloween!

Help keep you and your family fire safe this holiday weekend by following these fire safety tips:

  • Use flame-less candles or glow-sticks in jack-o-lanterns.
  • Dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper can catch fire easily, keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
  • If using candles, extinguish them before leaving a room – keep kids and pets away, they can inadvertently injure themselves or knock over candles.
  • Remember to keep exits clear of decorations – nothing should block escape routes.
  • If you or your children are going to Halloween parties at others’ homes,  look for ways out of the home and plan how to get out in an emergency.