Here’s your chance to serve on a committee that advises on the development plans of Seattle Children’s Hospital. Seattle Department of Neighborhoods is seeking interested people from the Laurelhurst, Montlake, and Ravenna/Bryant neighborhoods to fill 4-8 vacant positions.
The Children’s Hospital Standing Advisory Committee (SAC) meets to:
- Review an annual report from Children’s Hospital on its development;
- Review and comment on progress under its transportation management plan;
- Review requests for amendments to Children’s Hospital’s master plan, and make recommendations for next steps;
- Provide comments on projects under development.
The committee meets at least annually and up to four times per year at Children’s Hospital. You would serve a one-year renewable term. Members of the Committee should possess expertise or experience in areas such as: neighborhood organization and issues; land use and zoning; architecture or landscape architecture; economic development; building development; or educational services. The committee is composed of 15 representatives, including a non-management representative from Children’s Hospital, from the following categories:
- A representative of an area community group or council.
- A resident who is within 600 feet of the campus boundary.
- A neighborhood resident defined as a resident within the boundaries of the adjacent community council areas.
- A property owner.
- A business person.
- A consumer group using the services of the institution.
- A person participating in neighborhood planning.
- A general community or citywide representative.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, send a letter of interest by either e-mail or regular mail by November 9 to: Maureen Sheehan Mailing Address:
Seattle Department Neighborhoods
P.O. Box 94649
Seattle, WA 98124-4649
For more information contact Maureen Sheehan, Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, at 206-684-0302.