Have you weighed in on the City’s plan for how Seattle should grow over the next 20 years? If not, you’ll have several opportunities over the next couple of months to provide feedback on our Draft Comprehensive Plan. Your input will help DPD evaluate strategies to build a safe, vibrant, affordable, interconnected, and innovative city for all. Your feedback will help shape the Mayor’s recommended plan.
Seattle is expected to grow by 120,000 residents and 115,000 jobs in the coming twenty years. The Draft Plan identifies proposed goals and policies to help achieve our vision for Seattle’s future. The Draft Plan also includes a new Future Land Use Map, with expanded boundaries in 12 urban villages that would help support the expected growth. Final decisions about the expanded boundaries will be made only after we have the opportunity to work with local neighborhoods.
Join the Online Community Conversation
Join our Online Community Conversation at http://Seattle2035.consider.it. On this site you can:
- Discuss potential choices and tradeoffs presented in the Draft Plan
- Add pros and cons for our Key Proposals
- Tell us if you agree or disagree with a proposal
- Share your opinions and see what others are saying
DPD is extending comments on the Draft Plan through Friday, November 20. Here’s how to join the conversation about Seattle’s future and provide comments:
- Attend a public meeting – stay tuned for meetings later this fall
- Join the Seattle 2035 Online Community Conversation at seattle2035.consider.it
- Follow Seattle 2035 on Facebook and Twitter
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail comments to the City of Seattle Department of Planning and Development, Attn: Seattle 2035, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 2000, PO Box 34019, Seattle WA 98124-4019.
Feedback received on the Draft Comprehensive Plan will help inform the Mayor’s Recommended Plan that will be released in early 2016.