Do not use consumer fireworks. Fireworks are illegal in the City of Seattle without a permit from the Seattle Fire Department. Fireworks cause thousands of burns and eye injuries each year. Celebrate Independence Day by attending a public fireworks display.
Did you know?
- In 2013, an estimated 11,400 people went to the emergency room for fireworks-related injuries.
- Two out of five people injured by fireworks were under the age of 15.
- Sparklers burn at more than 1200 degrees.
- Sparklers alone accounted for 41% of the emergency room fireworks injuries.
- Sparklers accounted for 79% of the injuries to children under five.
Keep you and your family safe from the risk of fireworks. Watch a public display and leave the dangerous fireworks to the experts.