The 27-mile Burke-Gilman trail is one of the most heavily used pedestrian and bicycling trails in Seattle. You can hop on at Golden Gardens Park and follow it clear up to the Sammamish River Trail in Bothell. It promotes non-motorized, pollution-free commutes and provides scenic views for joggers and walkers. So we weren’t surprised to hear that it was nominated as one of the country’s Best Urban Trails by USA TODAY 10Best editors and readers. Now we’re asking for your help to make it number one.
From now until July 20, the public is being asked to vote for the country’s Best Urban Trail. Visit the 10Best Reader’s Choice award page to vote for your favorite. Participants can vote daily until the polls close on Monday, July 20 at noon.
Other nominees include:
- American River Bike Trail, Sacramento, CA
- Atlanta BeltLine, Atlanta, GA
- Boulder Creek Path, Boulder, Colo.
- Buffalo Bayou Park, Houston, TX
- Forest Park Trails, Portland, Ore.
- Grand Rounds/Midtown Greenway, Minneapolis, MN
- Griffith Park Trails, Los Angeles, CA
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Indianapolis, IN
- Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail, Austin, TX
- Lakefront Trail, Chicago, IL
- Louisville Loop Trail, Louisville, KN
- Manhattan Waterfront Greenway, New York City, NY
- Minuteman Bikeway, Boston, MA
- MKT Nature and Fitness Trail, Columbia, MO
- Mount Vernon Trail, Washington, D.C.
- River Walk and Mission Trail, San Antonio, TX
- Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston, MA
- Schuylkill River Trail, Philadelphia, PA
- Swamp Rabbit Trail, Greenville, S.C.
For more information on the contest and nominees, please visit http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-urban-trail/.