West Seattle Auto Shop Fire caused by Overheated Electrical Wiring

May 8-  Seattle Fire Investigators determined a fire at a West Seattle auto repair shop was accidental, caused by overheated electrical wiring inside an office. The damage estimate is $70,000.

At 9:49 p.m. Dispatchers at the Fire Alarm Center received a 911 call reporting flames inside an auto repair shop. When Engine Company 11 arrived they found flames shooting through the roof and through the side windows of the garage located in the 8800 block of Delridge Way SW.

After launching an interior attack, firefighters were able to knock down the flames within 10 minutes. It took 20 minutes to completely extinguish the fire.

One car parked inside the repair shop was destroyed.

The building was unoccupied when the fire started. There were no injuries.