The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers that Dexter Avenue North will be fully closed this weekend while crews complete concrete pours and move traffic off of the temporary roadway along the east side of Dexter at Mercer Street. This is a major milestone as the Mercer Corridor Project works toward substantial completion. Roy Street will continue to be fully closed this weekend, and Mercer Street will be restricted to one lane westbound and two lanes eastbound. Alternate routes during these closures may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercer_maps.htm
Dexter Avenue North Closure
Dexter Avenue North will be fully closed between Aloha and Harrison streets beginning at 8 p.m. tonight until 5 a.m. Monday. All traffic including pedestrians will be detoured onto Ninth Avenue North. Police officers will be stationed on the Dexter Avenue North detour route to help keep traffic moving.
Roy Street Closure
Roy Street will continue to be fully closed to traffic between Dexter Avenue North and Eighth Avenue North through Monday, April 20 as crews complete duct bank work near the intersection. Local access to businesses will continue to be maintained.
Mercer Street Lane Closures
Westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane between Ninth Avenue North and Sixth Avenue North from 9 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday. Eastbound Mercer Street will be reduced to two lanes between Ninth Avenue North and Sixth Avenue North from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday.
I-5 Ramps at Mercer Street
WSDOT will close the northbound off-ramp from I-5 to Mercer from 10 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday. The southbound on-ramp from Mercer Street to I-5 will be closed from 11:59 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday.
Dexter Avenue North starting Monday
Beginning Monday, April 20, northbound Dexter Avenue North will be a in a temporary configuration for approximately six weeks as crews continue sidewalk, pavement and signal work on the east side of Dexter Avenue North, including the southeast corner of the Mercer Street intersection. Travelers can expect to see the following new traffic configurations affecting drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists:
- There will be one northbound lane on Dexter Avenue North for thru and right-turning traffic approaching Mercer Street.
- Northbound bicyclists on Dexter Avenue North will need to merge with vehicular traffic between Republican and Mercer streets.
- Drivers will be prohibited from turning right from southbound Dexter Avenue North onto westbound Mercer Street until the signal adjustments are complete. Please continue to use Ninth Avenue North as an alternate route to access westbound Mercer Street.
- Pedestrians may use the west side of Dexter Avenue North between Roy and Republican streets.
- The north and west crosswalks at the intersection of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North will be open to pedestrians and bicyclists.