The City of Seattle’s “Find It, Fix It” smartphone app offers mobile users a way to report selected issues to the City. The app takes advantage of technology available on mobile devices, including geographic awareness, to give mobile users a convenient way to alert the City to issues such as graffiti, potholes and streetlight outages, while providing location information that helps City staff respond.
The app, which can be downloaded to any iPhone or Android phone, offers the following service request categories:
- Abandoned Vehicles: report vehicles parked in a public right-of-way more than three days.
- Graffiti: report graffiti, including what it is on – parking meter, utility pole or building – so it gets automatically routed to the appropriate department for response.
- Illegal Dumping: report illegal dumping in a specific location.
- Parking Enforcement: make an inquiry regarding a parking concern.
- Pothole: report a pothole.
- Streetlight Report: report a specific outage.
- Other Inquiry: this miscellaneous category is for making an inquiry or request, which will be processed by the City’s Customer Service Bureau. Mobile users should choose this category to provide feedback.
Android users can download the app from the Google Play Store and iPhone users can download it from iTunes. The fastest way to find the app is to search on this phrase within quotes: “find it, fix it.”
The app also provides a link to http://m.seattle.gov, the mobile version of the City of Seattle’s website. Windows phone users can use this link to view the City’s full website and “request a City service” under the “Need Help” section near the bottom of the home page.
In addition to the app, you report issues and request information:
- In person at the Customer Service Bureau located in the City Hall lobby, the Customer Service Center in the Seattle Municipal Tower lobby and any of six Neighborhood Service Centers;
- Over the phone by calling the Customer Service Bureau at 206-684-2489 (CITY); and
- At the City’s website at http://www.seattle.gov.
All requests submitted must specify a location within Seattle city limits in order to complete processing. If the location is outside the city limits, a message will display to the user and the request will close automatically.
For help with Find It, Fix It and City services in general, please contact the Customer Service Bureau at 206-684-2489 (CITY).