• Mulch your garden beds after spring weeding to limit weeds and prepare for the warmer weather ahead.
• Plant new plants through mid-May; otherwise wait until fall. Use the ‘right plant in the right place’ for plants that thrive in your yard’s conditions with less maintenance.
• If your lawn needs it, now is the time to aerate, dethatch, and overseed.
• Sharpen the blades on your mulching mower and mow high (two inches) for a better looking, healthier lawn.
• If you want to fertilize your lawn, fertilize in May with a ‘natural organic’ or ‘slow-release’ product. Don’t fertilize again until September.
Friend us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/savvygardenernews.