The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of upcoming changes to pedestrian routing along Mercer Street and Fifth Avenue North. You can anticipate the following changes:
North sidewalk on Mercer Street opens Feb.16
Beginning Monday, Feb. 16, the north sidewalk on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will open to pedestrians. The south sidewalk will simultaneously close between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North.
- Please use the crosswalks at Fifth Avenue North or Dexter Avenue North to cross Mercer Street.
- The new bicycle path on the north side of Mercer Street will be closed until weather permits installation of final pavement markings. Bicyclists are reminded to yield to pedestrians on the sidewalk.
- The crosswalk across Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will close as crews complete construction activities on the wall structure near the SR 99 bridge.
- A new pedestrian map has been posted to the website and will be available on site as well.
- Please be mindful of these changes and obey all detour signage.
Pedestrian routes on Fifth Avenue North
Crews will continue to complete sidewalk and electrical work along Fifth Avenue North. Beginning Monday, Feb. 16, crews will transition work from the northwest corner to the northeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Broad St. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- The northwest corner of Fifth Avenue North and Broad Street will re-open.
- The northeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Broad Street will close.
- Crosswalks adjacent to the work zone will be temporarily closed and pedestrian traffic detoured up to two blocks around the closure.
- Please obey all detour signage.
- Bus stops along Fifth Avenue North may close temporarily throughout construction.
- A new pedestrian map will be posted to the website and available on site as well.
Please note the southeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Harrison Street has re-opened and all crosswalks are available for use at this intersection.