The Seattle Department of Transportation reminds travelers that portions of Fifth Avenue North between Harrison Street and Denny Way will be closed beginning Saturday, Dec. 6, at 4 a.m. and continuing through Monday, Dec. 8 at 5 a.m., as crews remove sidewalk and pavement for replacement.
Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Northbound Fifth Avenue North between Denny Way and Harrison Street will be fully closed.
- Southbound Fifth Avenue North between Harrison and Broad streets will be fully closed.
During the closure:
- Vehicle traffic will be detoured around the closure onto Harrison and Broad streets.
- Local access to businesses on Fifth Avenue North will be maintained at all times.
- Early warning signs will be available in advance of all detours and police officers will manage traffic at key intersections on the detour route.
- Advanced signage will be posted to direct pedestrians around the work zones.
Alternate routes during the closure may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercer_maps_detour.htm
Please note, work will occur throughout the weekend and may include nighttime construction activities which may be noisy in the surrounding area. Please call our 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818 if you have questions or concerns about noise.
This work is weather-dependent and may be cancelled and rescheduled for later dates if inclement weather occurs.
More information about alternate routes during Mercer Corridor construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.