FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Elaine Yeung, Strategic Communications Advisor, Seattle Public Utilities, 206.684.7823
The schedule for the North Transfer Station Project work at Stone Way North and North 34th Street has changed as listed below. This involves the 24-hour closure of Stone Way North over multiple days. It also involves a partial closure along the north side of North 34th Street during work hours.
Revised street closure schedule:
- Week of 10/20 – Hold drainage system installation due to rain
- Week of 10/27– Close Stone Way North between North 34th and North 35th streets for daytime excavation work. Closure will be 24 hours a day and is expected to last up to five days
- Week of 11/3 – Close the city sidewalk during daytime hours in front of the Brooks building on Stone Way North and North 34th Street to install drainage systems
- Weeks of 11/10 and 11/17 – Partially close the north side of North 34th Street during daytime hours to install drainage systems
- Week of 11/17 – Restore sidewalk in front of Brooks building
To minimize impacts, crews will conduct work during daytime hours from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Pedestrian ramps and re-routing will allow access to the adjacent buildings and businesses. On-street parking will be restricted near the site. The work areas will be fenced off for public safety.