Over 70 health, human service and civic organizations, including several City of Seattle departments, have combined forces to produce Seattle/King County Clinic with Remote Area Medical®, Oct. 23 – 26, in KeyArena at Seattle Center. This giant free Clinic offers a broad range of medical, dental, mental health, and vision care, with a goal of helping 4,000 people in need over the four-day period.
If you know of people in need of these services, please let them know. Here is how the Clinic works:
Patients will receive treatment on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Clinic patients may park free-of-charge in 1st Ave. N. Garage at Seattle Center beginning at 12:01 a.m. on each day of the Clinic.
- Northwest Rooms at Seattle Center, which serve as the ticket waiting area, will open at 12:01 a.m. each day, and admission tickets will be distributed beginning at 3:30 a.m. for the current day.
- Doors to KeyArena open at 5:30 a.m., and patients will be admitted by number into the Clinic.
- Inside KeyArena, all procedures and services are provided free-of-charge.
- Patients will not need to show identification or proof of citizenship.
- Interpretation services will be available for those who need them.
The effort will transform the form and function of KeyArena. Hundreds of licensed healthcare professionals will staff the Clinic, donating their time and expertise. Patients will receive real and, in many instances, extensive care including dental fillings and extractions, comprehensive eye exams and free prescription eyeglasses, physical exams, Pap smears, mammograms, EKGs, x-rays, lab tests, flu vaccines, foot care, acupuncture and much, much more.
More information on the Seattle/King County Clinic is available at: Seattle Center Foundation/patients or by calling 206-684-7200.